Analyst-Risk & Info Management - #1159540
You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible — and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.
As a part of the Colleague Experience Group we strive to provide a great colleague experience every day. We obsess over understanding the colleague experience at a deeper level to co-create simple and great ways of working that enable everyone to be and deliver their best. We make a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
The ‘Global Commercial Analytics’ Team is part of the GS&O team within American Express. This group is responsible for targeting and acquiring prospects and delivering world-class Analytics, Insights and Data Products for the Global Corporate Payments portfolios. You will be challenged with designing and creating world class prospect marketing analytics by leveraging machine learning and advanced methodologies. The person will perform data analysis, modeling, synthesize conclusions, communicate and present recommendations to the partners. The position is part of a highly collaborative environment, interacting with and influencing partners across the Global Commercial Payment business at American Express
- Build and maintain strong relationships with key partners in Sales and Marketing to understand business objectives/challenges and provide solutions
- Design and deliver insightful analyses and reporting to measure performance across several sales channels and initiatives
- Partner with numerous teams and act as a liaison to drive innovation and identify areas of opportunity
- Develop actionable data-driven insights through a deep understanding of the business and its data
- Independently manage cross-collaboration among marketing, sales, capabilities and modeling teams to ensure targeting strategies are appropriately incorporated and deployed/tracked in a timely manner
- Proactively communicate status/results with leadership and stakeholders, plus managing meetings and committees to ensure controls and governance
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and ability to build and retain strong working relationships
- Ability to interact effectively and deliver compelling messages to business leaders across various band levels
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and across a matrix organization partnering with cross-functional teams and external vendors to deliver solutions at top speed
- Demonstrated ability / proven track record of converting business needs into analytical plans and following up on them
- Strong analytical/conceptual thinking acumen to solve business problems and articulate key findings to senior leaders/stakeholders in a succinct and concise manner
- Ability to project-manage effectively, and manage several concurrent projects through collaboration across teams/geographies
- Experience with Hive, Python preferred. Expertise or ability to pick up SAS / SQL skills
- Master’s degree in a quantitative field (e.g. Statistics, Engineering, Physics, Mathematics and Economics) preferred.