AEM Developer - #1731855
Being able to thrive in a fast-paced environment and multitask will be crucial to being successful in this integral position. A successful candidate will possess strong problem-solving skills and should be able to provide solutions for the diverse requirements provided by stakeholders from global cross-functional teams. Due to our scale and business complexity, a solid CMS development background is essential as well as extensive prior experience with Adobe tools. You should be able to demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of best-practices and be curious to learn new technologies.
In addition to designing and coding in Java (J2EE) and related technologies like Sightly, Sling models, and OSGI, you will be helping to develop our front-end with best-in-class front-end build tools and approaches. This position will require a great deal of experience crafting CSS/JS. You should have familiarity with NodeJS, as well, and be familiar with front-end optimization, bundling and transpiling tools such as Webpack and Babel.
Roles & Responsibilities
- The AEM Web Developer role requires 1+ years of experience designing and developing Java/J2EE solutions on JCR-based content management systems, AEM experience strongly preferred.
- Proficient in AEM foundational concepts, including the CRX repository, the AEM platform, having a good understanding of core frameworks such as Apache Sling, Apache Felix, Oak, and all other AEM building blocks including templates, components, dialogs, widgets, etc., and the AEM development and deployment process.
- Experience developing powerful features such as multi-site and multichannel delivery, personalization/targeting, content reuse, multilingual support, automated workflow management.
- Proven ability to develop for complex use cases – architecture supporting content reuse as well as differentiation across multiple countries, languages, and authors.
- Deep understanding of contemporary front-end technologies and JS-based development.
- Experience working with technical and business stakeholders from global cross-functional teams.
Knowledge & Skills
- Ability to prioritize user stories and acceptance criteria, gather regular feedback, protect timeline, and keep backlog groomed.
- Ability to effectively function in a fast-paced environment.
- Effective verbal and written communications with technical and non-technical stakeholders across the organization.
- Exceptional organizational skills including prioritizing, scheduling, multitasking while meeting a variety of deadlines.
- Experience working in Agile methodologies such as Scrum, Kanban or Lean.
Education & Experience
- The AEM Web Developer should have related educational and career experience including 4+ years' experience in front-end development, along with at least one-year working with AEM.
- BS in Computer Science or related field preferred but not necessary.
- Experience with JCR-based content management systems.
- Demonstrated experience working with project managers and key stakeholders to deliver projects on time.
- Demonstrated experience managing the execution and deployment of large-scale CMS instances